Every website is made for a purpose. It can be a blog with useful information, a business site explaining about the products or an eCommerce site selling products, unless the viewer looks at it, spend time on it and do other activities as per the objective of the site, the purpose fails. So, it becomes the prime goal of a web designer to design the site in such a manner that a visitor when visits it, spends some valuable time on it and behave and leave in a positive manner.
Not all can achieve this. Because there are several factors that prohibit to get this result. But, we will discuss about one vital point in this guide and that is about the website response.
It happens many a time that when a site is opened, it keeps loading, loading and loading. The visitor gets bored and quits it without a second thought in spite of thinking how good is that site. So, only the goodness of the site is not going to save it. There has to be lightening speed so that the visitor finds the information immediately he looks for it within our site.
To achieve this, you need to have a good host and such hosts cost a lot. Not everyone can afford the cost. Big companies and business sites invest on this part, where as a blogger does not.
In this article I will share few tips where a blogger can easily increase page speed drastically with a simple tweak. Let me explain how you can Optimize Web Page Speed By Tweaking Images.
Step 1: Look for a free image hosting site.
Step 2: Register, Login and Upload Images to it.
Step 3: Copy images or image URLs from the free image hosting sites and add in your website.
Why I suggest this method is?
- When images are uploaded in another host, your server load is reduced.
- Your server does not burdened with additional load.
- The image hosting sites are so huge that they can host your images free for ever and provide fastest loading environment.
- Even top sites use a separate server for media files for this purpose.
What are the free image hosting sites?
1. Google Photos
Google Photos provides free storage and automatic organization for all your memories. This is meant for the purpose of storing images. Google provides free 15 GB storage which is huge. It will take years of work to fill this storage. Even you lack space you can go for another account and start over again. So, its a great gift from Google.
How Google Photos Work?
In order to get started,
- Open the URL google.com/photos and login with your Google account.
- Once you are logged in, you will see that the page is blank if you have not uploaded any image so far in your google account, otherwise you can see those images.
- Go to “Albums” option in left sidebar and then click on “Create Album” option.
- Once you click on “Create Album” you will see a new page where it will ask you a title for album. You can enter any name you like and hit enter.
- Now enter in your album page and attach upload to it. You can upload images with two methods. One is “Drag & Drop” and another is by “uploading” from your computer.
- Once you uploaded image or images then go to the three vertical dots located at right top corner of the screen which says “More Options” and click on it.
- In the pop up box go to “Options”.
- In next pop up window make the share option active. (refer image below)
- Once your album is sharable, now you come back to your album where you ahve uploaded the image/images.
- Click on the image and it will be shown in the full view.
- Right click on image and copy the image or image address.
- It’s time to include the image in your site and you are done.
Imgur.com is a free image hosting site. Anyone with or without an account can upload image and it does not cost you anything and it can store any number of images. This is one of the biggest free image hosting site on internet.
How Imgur Works?
In order to get started with Imgur, you have two options, one is without creating an account and another is with an account. The without account option may not allow you to do post editing once you quit the site where as in the account option you can edit your images at any time. But rest of the procedures are same for both options. You decide how you want to go.
- You can go to the top left corner which says “New Post”.
- You can upload image with three options, i.e. drag & drop, upload from computer, upload from URL.
- Once you upload an image it will look something like this.
- You can add description, tag to the image for better search engine ranking.
- You can not right click on image and copy either the image or image URL to attach it in your site.
There are many other free image hosting sites. But I recommend only these two. These two option will complete your requirements and you will see a good improvement in your page speed. And it will definitely add value to your website.