US & Worldwide Dropshipper Directories
Salehoo is a wholesale supplier directory service that connects dropshippers to suppliers. The New Zealand company has suppliers from countries from the United States, UK and Australia on their platform.
Dropshippers use their sourcing tool to connect with suppliers, manufactures to get access to products at wholesale prices that they can sell to consumers. Many of Salehoo’s customers then sell the dropshipped goods via eBay, Amazon or Etsy to turn a profit.
Salehoo also offers website templates so dropshippers can start their own online store via their platform. While their backend isn’t as powerful as Shopify’s it’s a fair starting point for inexperienced dropshippers. However, you need to be a premium member to have access to this feature.
Salehoo Review – Is It Profitable?
Take a look at the images below. In the first image, you see the Potential Profit a dropshipper can make on a Panda Onesie for kids according to Salehoo. However, on Amazon, the most popular seller of the product charges between $14.99 and $16.99. In general, Amazon is an indicator for what market value really is for a product. A person selling it on eBay would be outpriced by the several variations of the same product available on Amazon for much cheaper. If a dropshipper were to follow the recommended $36.99 they would likely lose sales to dropshippers who are retailing the product at about half the price. Thus, while a dropshipper may be able to make a profit on Salehoo, the amount is likely not as high as they’d hope.
Salehoo Review – Pros
- Great customer service – When it comes to customer service, Salehoo delivers it well. It has an A+ rating on Better Business Bereau. It’s obvious that this established brand, since 2005, knows how to treat its customers. Customers of all price plans have access to phone and email support, though this is standard across most companies. Generally, people who use this service feel that customer service is fair. Customers don’t struggle to cancel subscriptions making this a legit company.
- Has top brands as products – Another great thing about Salehoo is that it has access to over 1.6 brand name products. You can sell products from top brands like Disney, Victoria’s Secret, Sony and more.
Salehoo Review – Cons
- Competitive to sell brand name products – The biggest downside to selling brand name products is that customers can usually find the products cheaper on the brand’s website or on Amazon. Thus, making it much more competitive to sell than if you were to dropship from Oberlo Supply. Notably, if a customer recognizes a brand, they’ll be more likely to search for a deal than if the product were unbranded. It’s much more difficult to know the source of an unbranded dropshipped product.
- Harder to create own brand – With branded products, you’re forced to create a marketplace brand like Walmart or use a marketplace like eBay. Unfortunately, new startups lack the volume that mega-brands like Walmart have built up over the years. In addition, using a marketplace like eBay is highly competitive which results in price feuds that eat away at your profits. With Oberlo Supply dropshipping, unbranded products allow you to create your own brand where people keep coming back to your store.
- Price – Salehoo’s price isn’t competitive within the dropshipping industry. Their lowest basic plan starts at $27/month. You can also purchase it for $67/year. On the other hand, Oberlo’s starter plan is free, forever. With Oberlo, customers can add 500 products to their store and manage 50 orders a month, for free.
- Product database is small – At first glance, a directory of over 1.6 million products sounds high. However, when you factor in how many niches there are, the number is actually quite small. In addition, compared to the Oberlo Marketplace the number of products on Salehoo pales in comparison.
- Most sell on eBay or Amazon which is overcrowded – The ability to sell products on eBay or Amazon is amazing. However, when you’re a dropshipper, they’re the worst places to sell your products. You’ll be competing on price with other dropshippers and even the manufacturer. Thus, your margins are completely destroyed. In addition, the lowest wholesale prices can usually be found on Oberlo Supply, making it next to impossible to compete.
What is Worldwide Brands?
Worldwide Brands (or WWB) is a Florida company that was founded in 1999. The company is classified as a wholesale directory service that connects you to millions of products and several thousand suppliers. Worldwide Brands is not an actual supplier and they do not sell you anything.
Worldwide Brands advertises that they will connect you to 14 million products and 8,000 suppliers for a one-time fee. After you get access to the service, you get the opportunity to work with all of the suppliers without any limitations. You have the option to drop ship products directly to your customers or purchase the products in bulk and ship them yourself.
Who is Worldwide Brands For?
Worldwide Brands is for anyone looking to start a business in one of the two categories:
- Drop shipping (a business model where the items are fulfilled by a third-party for a small drop-shipping fee) or;
- Wholesale (a business model where you purchase the items in bulk, store the products at your location, and ship them directly to your customers).
For instance, option one is geared towards beginners with very little startup capital whereas option two is for more experienced users that need better profit margins, but are not afraid to take on more risk by buying products upfront.
Worldwide Brands is nothing like one of those cheap and illegitimate wholesale supplier lists that you can purchase on eBay for a few dollars.
How Does Worldwide Brands Work?
After you sign up for an account and set everything up, you can start searching for products that you want to sell. Every supplier page includes contact information, shipping timeframes, and other information that you may need.
You have to decide if you want to drop ship your products directly to your customers or buy the products in bulk and ship them on your own. Each method has its own benefits.
The Process of Dropshipping Your Products
You sell a product online (on eBay, Amazon, or your own online store). After the sale is confirmed and payment is made, you contact your supplier and purchase the product. The supplier ships the product directly to your customer. For example, you sell Product A for $300, but purchase it for $150 through Worldwide Brands. In this example, your profit is $150 before calculating any of the fees that you may incur (drop shipping fees, eBay fees, etc.).
The Process of Buying Products in Bulk and Wholesale
You find a supplier that you want to work with and buy a large product quantity (e.g. 100 units) to get wholesale pricing. The supplier ships the products to your warehouse or home. You list the products for sale on eBay, Amazon, or your own online store. After you make a sale and payment is confirmed, you package and ship the product right to your customer. This is risky as you have to buy the products upfront and store the products.
How Fast Can I Start Selling?
After you set up your account, you can start working with suppliers immediately. The good thing about drop shipping is that you do not need to make an initial investment (no need to buy products in bulk, the minimum order quantity is a single unit). In addition, a lot of the suppliers in the directory sell internationally, so no matter where in the world you are at, you can be up and running in no time.
How Much Does Worldwide Brands Cost?
Worldwide Brands offers a lifetime membership for a one-time cost of $299.
After you purchase the membership, you get access to Worldwide Brands forever – the membership never expires. The membership gives you access to the wholesale directory, support, community forum, and resources that teach you the best ways to sell online.
If you are unable to pay for the membership in full, you can pay for the membership in three monthly installments. If you choose this option, you pay $99 for the first month, $110 for the second month, and $110 for the third month. This option is more expensive and you will not be able to get the Worldwide Brands discount.
Independent Dropshipping Suppliers
Independent companies, wholesalers, and even retailers can offer. Takes time to research and find but well worth it.