Printful is made up of a 350-person team and is one of the only global POD services, having factories in California, North Carolina, and Latvia. This means that they have dropshipping bases both in the USA and EU. This is great news for those of you looking to sell to an international audience and not just one specific market.
With their tremendous success over the years, the company is able to keep expanding their product line, bringing out new products consistently every year. They’ve also been able to give better prices, and lower shipping rates, with the aim to branch out to as many places as possible to give a quicker (and cheaper) fulfillment service no matter where you are.
- $6.1M investing in printing equipment
- 350+ staff across the USA and EU
- $125M+ sold by customers through Printful
- 3.19M orders fulfilled to date
How it all started
Printful’s founders started with their own humble beginnings with their own eCommerce store. With growing successful, they found there wasn’t a great drop shipping service out there that could take care of all of their needs. So they did what entrepreneurs do best, they made their own.
+ Trusted and reputable brand
+ High-quality products and constantly expanding product range
+ Factories based in both the USA and EU, great for those of you looking to sell to a wider market
+ Awesome free mockup generator
+ Plenty of free resources from eBooks to case studies to get started with
+ Super easy-to-use interface to adjust prices, % markup calculator, shipping integrations etc
+ 97.6% of orders are shipped within 5 business days. 50%+ are shipped within 3 business days or less
– Customer service isn’t as strong of a focus as some companies like Inkthreadable
– Prices of products aren’t as affordable as some other POD services
– Fulfillment isn’t always as fast as some other POD services ranging from 2-7 days (varies from location)
Creating an account with Printful is completely free. What you pay for the is the POD service + fulfillment.
Printful is really open about their prices, you can view the prices for different products on their site without even creating an account.
Printful doesn’t offer the cheapest of services in comparison to other POD companies, but the fact it’s easy to use, integrates with the most apps, has warehouses in both USA and the EU, make it worth it for the slightly lower margins for many.
Like all other POD services, to work out cost and profit it’s simply:
- Price of product + shipping costs = total cost
Then to make a profit on your product, you can choose your markup for the product.
- Total cost + % markup = profit
In Summary – Whose it for?
Printful is a great POD solution for those who:
- Want to target both the USA and EU market
- Want quality products, with good packaging
- Want to use a trusted, reliable and well-known company
- Doesn’t need to build a personal relationship with their POD service
- Rather have slightly lower margins for easier set-up and ease of use